An experience for your mind, body and soul. July 15, during the Wanderlust Festival in Denver. (Courtesy Wanderlust)
Here are a few of our favorites events – hundreds actually – where you’ll find fun this summer around Colorado:
– Aspen – MountainSummit: Mountainfilm documentary film festival. Aug. 23-27, Wheeler Opera House, Aspen.
– Denver – High Plains Comedy Festival: T.J. Miller, “My Favorite Murder Live” and more. Aug. 24-26, Paramount Theatre, Denver.
– Boulder – Tour de Fat: Beer, bike and music festival. Aug. 25, Boulder Theater, Boulder, $15-$20. Advance tickets.
– Loveland – Old Fashioned Corn Roast Festival: Parade, corn shucking competition and corn eating contest. Aug. 25 and 26, downtown Loveland.
– Copper Mountain – Cider Circus Festival: Sample craft ciders and brews while enjoying jugglers, mimes, clowns and acrobats. Aug. 25 and 26, Copper Mountain.
– Nederland – Nedfest: Outdoor music, arts and microbrew event. Aug. 25-27, Nederland.
– Colorado Springs – Colorado Springs International Dragon Boat Festival: Full day of dragon boat races. Aug. 26, Prospect Lake, Memorial Park, 1605 E. Pikes Peak Ave.
– Colorado Springs – Steers and Beers Brew and Whiskey Fest: Hundreds of brews and whiskeys to sample, Aug. 26, Antlers hotel, Colorado Springs. Advance tickets available online.
– Colorado Springs – Colorado Springs Dance Theater Wine Festival: 5:30-7:30 p.m., 1715 N. Cascade Ave., $50, $90 per couple. Advance tickets available online.
– Durango – San Juan Brewfest: More than 50 breweries, live music and more. Aug. 26, downtown Durango.
– Denver – Tour de Fat: Beer, bike and music festival. Aug. 26, National Western Complex, Denver, $25. Advance tickets available online.
– Colorado Springs – Tour de Fat: Beer, bike and music festival. Aug. 26, Pikes Peak Center, 190 S. Cascade Ave., $18. Advance tickets available online.
– Buena Vista – King Boletus Mushroom Festival: Learn how to identify and cook wild mushrooms. Aug. 26, Buena Vista Heritage Museum, Buena Vista.
– Vail – Crazy Mountain Brewery’s Ed Fest: Celebration of artistic expression of craft beer, food and music. Aug. 26.
– Gunnision – Blue Mesa Beach Bash: Take place on Colorado’s largest body of water. Aug. 26, Blue Mesa Reservoir, Gunnison.
– Trinidad – Trinidaddio Blues Fest: Aug. 26, Central Park, Trinidad.
– Glendale – Bruises and Brews Festival: Beer and rugby. They are better together. Aug. 26, Infinity Park, Glendale.
– Telluride – Film Festival: Celebration of film, community, and creativity. Aug. 30-Sept. 4, Telluride.
– Steamboat Springs – Yampa Valley Crane Festival: Celebrates the majestic Greater Sandhill Cranes as they migrate through the Yampa Valley. Aug. 31-Sept. 3, Steamboat Springs.
– Pagosa Springs – Four Corners Folk Festival: Los Lobos, Bela Fleck & Abigail Washburn, Sarah Jarosz and more. Sept. 1-3, Pagosa Springs.
– Aspen – Jazz Aspen Snowmass Labor Day Experience: Maroon Five, Keith Urban and more. Sept. 1-3, Aspen.
– Lake City – OHV Rally and Festival: All OHV vehicles will be allowed into historic downtown, on designated streets. Sept. 1-3, Lake City.
– Denver – Taste of Colorado: With more than 50 of Coloradans’ favorite restaurants. Sept. 1-4, Civic Center Park, Denver.
– Steamboat Springs – Wild West Air Fest: Nationally renowned pilots perform aerobatics and formation flying. Sept. 2, Steamboat Springs.
– Salida – Wine Fest: Celebrates the vintages of Colorado wineries in Salida. Sept. 2, Riverside Park, Salida.
– Alamosa – Early Iron Festival: Vintage car show with more than 500 vehicles. Sept. 2, Cole Park, Alamosa.
– Fort Collins – Tour de Fat: Beer, bikes and music festival. Sept. 2, Civic Center Park, Fort Collins, $25. Advance tickets available online.
– Colorado Springs – Labor Day Liftoff: Balloon Classic and Balloon Glow. Sept. 2-4, Memorial Park, Colorado Springs.
– Manitou Springs – Commonwheel Co-op’s Labor Day Art and Craft Festival: Art, music and more. Sept. 2-4, Memorial Park, Manitou Springs.
– Windsor – Harvest Festival and Balloon Rally: Vendors, balloon launch and more. Sept. 2-4, Windsor.
– Boulder – Pizza and Pints Festival Tour: Pizza, beer, live music, and lawn games. Sept. 4, Boulder.
– Fairplay – Plein Air Arts Celebration: Sept. 5-9, Fairplay.
– Estes Park – Longs Peak Scottish-Irish Highland Festival: There will be jousting, piping, a parade and more. Sept. 7-10, Estes Fairgrounds and Event Center, Estes Park.
– New Castle – Burning Mountain Festival: Parade, music, vendors and more. Sept. 8 and 9, Burning Mountain Park, New Castle.
– Colorado Springs, Edelweiss Summerfest 2017: 4-9 p.m. Sept. 8, noon-10 p.m. Sept. 9, noon-8 p.m. Sept. 10, Edelweiss Restaurant, 34 E. Ramona Ave.
– Snowmass Village – Balloon Festival: One of the highest-altitude balloon events in the country. Sept. 8-10, Snowmass.
– Colorado Springs — What If…Festival of Innovation and Imagination: 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Sept. 9, downtown Colorado Springs.
– Buena Vista – Apple Fest: Apple bobbing, pie contests, tours and more. Sept. 9, Turner Farm, Buena Vista.
– Cortez – Harvest Beer Festival: Music, food, kid’s activities and more. Sept. 9, Parque de Vida, Cortez.
– Greeley – Potato Day: Living history demonstration, music and baked potatoes. Sept. 9, Centennial Village Museum, Greeley.
– La Junta – Early Settlers Day: Beer garden, street dance, vendors and more. Sept. 9, City Park, La Junta.
– Crested Butte – Chili and Beer Fest: Locally made chili, craft beer and live music. Sept. 9, Crested Butte.
– Westcliffe – High Peaks Music Festival: Sept. 9, Westcliffe.
– Lafayette – Lafayette Brew Fest: Explore craft/micro beers one pour at a time. Sept. 9, Lafayette.
– Castle Rock – Colorado Artfest: Juried fine arts show with artists from across the country. Sept. 9 and 10, downtown Castle Rock.
– Salida – Fiber Festival: Find everything you need to stay warm and fashionable this winter. Sept. 9 and 10, Riverside Park, Salida.
– Lakewood – Festival Italiano at Belmar: Italian food, wine, and artisan vendors. Sept. 9 and 10, Lakewood.
– Salida – Bike Festival: Group rides, bike films, chainless race, bike parade. Sept. 14-17, Salida.
– Penrose – Fremont County Air Show: Fly-ins, parachute demonstrations and more, Sept. 16, Fremont County Airport, Penrose.
– Broomfield – Broomfield Days Community Festival: Parade, food, vendors and more. Sept. 16, Midway Park, Broomfield.
– Littleton – Summerset Festival: Attracts more than 20,000 festival-goers each year. Sept. 16 and 17, Littleton.
– Palisade – Colorado Mountain Winefest: It’s the state’s largest and oldest wine festival. Sept. 14-17, Palisade.
– Aspen – Ruggerfest: 50th anniversary celebration. Sept. 14-17, Aspen.
– Colorado Springs – Holly Berry House Folk Art Festival: 165 juried artisans from across the United States. Sept. 15-17, Rock Ledge Ranch, Colorado Springs.
– Pagosa Springs – ColorFest: Hot air balloons, music, beer, wine, food and more. Sept. 15-17, Pagosa Springs.
– Telluride – Telluride Blues and Brews Festival: Beer, music and more. Sept. 15-17, Telluride.
– Lake City – Uncorked Wine and Music Festival: Music wine and food. Sept. 16, downtown Lake City.
– Frederick – Miners Day: Parade, vendors, music and more. Sept. 16, Crist Park, Frederick.
– Northglenn – Pirate Fest: A whole day o’ pirate ruckus. Sept. 16, Northglenn.
– Woodland Park – Rovky Mountain Oktoberfest: 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Sept. 16 and 17, Ute Pass Cultural Center.
– Grand Lake – Constitution Week: Celebrates the signing of the Constitution with week long events. Sept. 17-23, Grand Lake.
– Breckenridge – Film Festival: Sept. 21-24, Breckenridge.
– Greenwood Village – High Elevation Rock Festival: Sept. 22 and 23, Fiddler’s Green Amphitheatre, Greenwood Village.
– Pueblo – Chile & Frijoles Festival: Music‚ arts and crafts‚ cooking competitions and chilies‚ chilies‚ chilies. Sept. 22-24, Union Avenue, Pueblo.
– Manitou Springs – Heritage Brew Festival: VIP entry at noon, 1-5 p.m. Sept. 23, Memorial Park, 502 Manitou Ave., Manitou Springs, $30-$32. Advance tickets: 685-1454.
– Monument – Bines and Brews Beer Fest: 1-5 p.m., Limbach Park, 151 Front St., Monument, $10-$25. Advance tickets available online.
– Ridgway – SNEFFELS Fiber Arts Festival: Fiber vendors, food, workshops, classes, demonstrations. Sept. 23 and 24, Ridgway.
– Pueblo – Colorado State Fair: Aug. 25-Sept. 4, Colorado State Fairgrounds, Pueblo.
– Lake City – Colorfest Arts and Crafts Fair: Sept. 19, downtown Lake City.
– Snowmass – Snowmass Rodeo: Wednesdays, through Aug. 23, Snowmass Rodeo Grounds, Snowmass Village.